At the Willow House Inn B&B, I and fellow author, Susan White, were welcomed with warm Maritime hospitality. This historic house, built in 1840, offered such a comfortable bed, I drifted off to one of my most wonderful sleeps. The following morning, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast which featured freshly baked rasin and fruit peel scones. Delicious.
After a brisk walk around the town which for me always includes finding a special something to purchase, we met with two classes of Grade 8 students at Pictou Library. A grand time it was with community members, students, teachers and librarians.
This was one of those ventures that takes me back to my roots... a small town where community is strong and people wear their pride like a badge of honour.
It was a very nice stay at the Willow House Inn and a great experience at the library. It was great to get to meet you. I enjoyed your book so much and am looking forward to donating my extra copy to the Macdonald Consolidated School library here on the Kingston Peninsula.See you in Newfoundland!
ReplyDelete